Thursday, August 14, 2008

Magazines / Bounce July-August 2008

Bounce Mag July-Aug 2008
(Click the pictures to supersize :-D)
__

Bounce is a new magazine created especially for the college set. Their covers so far are nice and interesting but it's just now that I bought it because this issue's cover is much more special. It's done manually! Mano-mano! The masthead/cover words (Bounce, Culture on the rise, Style and Design) is finger painted on a large glass panel and behind it is the model. Very creative. When I found out that the cover is done by Everywhereweshoot!, I understood why the cover is so gooooood. I Love them really. I think they are one of the coolest and creative-est minds today.

Bounce Mag July-Aug 2008
The over all look and feel of the magazine is nice. It's not earth shattering or groundbreaking or anything, but it's well done. I especially loved how the titles of the articles were done manually—it looks really nice and creative (..and Tokion-ish! hehe)

Bounce Mag July-Aug 2008
James Younghusband playing with water...

Bounce Mag July-Aug 2008
...and kicking paint cans.

Bounce Mag July-Aug 2008
Go lomo!

If there's one thing that quite put me off..it is that it's kind of like a school magazine/paper for the major metro schools. I get the feeling that it was tailor made for a specific college. It's like a magazine of, by and for the major colleges in metro Manila. Maybe it's really that? I don't know..but other than that, this magazine is nice. Like You Magazine, it's not something that would send you straight to magazine heaven (YET!) but at least you'll be glad you got it. And at P90, I'm not complaining. Again. :-)
__

Bounce Mag July-Aug 2008
PS! Congrats to Paola Ebora (extreme left) for being part of this magazine!! She interned for this mag and wrote the article about SoFA (School of Fashion and the Arts, see first photo). Congrats! She used to be my classmate in the Korean language class I took years ago. :-)

Scans by Edrick

No comments:

Post a Comment