Sunday, July 12, 2009

Random Thoughts / Week in Review: 5-11 July 2009

DSC_3973x
↑ MICHAEL JACKSON. I was never a super fan but for some reason, I feel really sad about this loss. I'll feel sad and just sigh whenever I read/hear something about him. Especially when I think about his upcoming tours and his children, aww. Sayang.

__

DSC_3997x
↑ NEW LIB BOOKS! During the summer, our library released new books. I didn't do summer so I only saw these gems just last month. Now, the bit of news that's making me happy/excited/stoked for quite some time now is our having new-new books! Our department chair told us a few weeks ago that he was leaving that day to check out and order new books at some book fair. It excited me but I didn't really think that they were getting a truck load of books! Exag, but you get the point. I was told by a reliable mole (hehehe) that apparently, each department was given a six-figure budget to spend on new books (the nursing people got more, as in 7 figures daw, but I digress). Gosh, I'd so die and fly to design/art book heaven if that happened to me. Will post about it as soon as it's available. I’m so excited.

__

Image0277x

__

Image0300x

__

Image0211x
Image0221x
↑ A SUCKER AT SOCCER. Grabe, I'm super positive about this new endeavor/subject but truth to tell, I'm super struggling. Struggling to like it, struggling to be positive and struggling with the actual game. Soccer mode, activate! But in fairness, I like the after-game feeling of tiredness. It's super different from tired with stress or tired with haggard life in general. Pray for me and my soul as I’ll have an exam on this subject this week.

__

DSC_3941x

__

DSC_3687x
DSC_3956x
↑ HANDMADE WITH LOVE. Ma'am Ann has an Etsy site; check out her stuff here. That skull scarf (top top) is taken already so hands off, hehehe.

__

DSC_3791x
DSC_3793x
↑ So we had this potluck plus minigames event last week and truth to tell, it was kindof a flop. hahaha. We came late (we had to get our stuff, cook, etc, but really, we're just late) and we weren't quite in the party-party mood/mode anyway. Next time, I guess. → More photos here.

__

DSC_3869x
DSC_3931x
↑ We did speech choir during the week and it was quite haggard. Few practices only, but I guess it was fine anyway. The scores were not revealed but our teacher said nobody got 50, the highest possible score; the lowest is 47 which quite high/ok. I'm good. It's only now though that i realized how CDG-much our costume was (look at the girl with a heart thingy on her chest, yun, that was part of our look). Eyes nalang, hmmm. hehehe. → More photos here.

__

DSC_3991x
↑ MUST. SAVE. $$$. I used to save all my shiny one-peso coins. But sometime during the summer when funds were low, I'd get a few pesos from my mini coin bank. Can you steal your own stuff? Haha, oh well.

__

DSC_4064x
↑ TFCness. It's always nice to see relatives from abroad, especially when the last time you have seen each other was more than a decade ago. I just wish I was the type of person who can start a conversation right away. I'm not like that so it was super awkward. Add to that nagging moms who want you to entertain the visiting relatives. We went out today but it was super short and quick. I hope to see him again soon; I want to flex my english-spokening muscles! (at the risk of a possible epistaxis) hahahaha. → More photos here.

2 comments:

  1. "I want to flex my english-spokening muscles! (at the risk of a possible epistaxis) hahahaha. "

    this made me LAWL.

    I used to save my shiny peso coins din, but I needed funds to support the bisyos, so nawala din. Give them to moi sa susunod for safekeeping. Promise di ko gagalawin. :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. on other matters, magshoot naman tayo nila kervin?? hehe sembreak namen, perhaps? :-)

    ReplyDelete