Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Magazines / September 2008 Mags (that were) Part 2 - T3, Rogue, Rustan's Index



Click to Supersize
__

For those who missed last month's magazines...
(2 of 2 (overdue) posts)
__

T3:



Yay!
Isn't it interesting to see gadgets get destroyed and melted and hammered and tortured? hehe I love my gadgets alright but a little spice like this feature won't hurt. (Unless those things are mine!) haha Yay for a feature like this.

Nay!
Cheeky-est cover. Yet.

Rogue:




Yay!
It's Rogue style issue! What I like about Rogue is that when they do a 'something' issue e.g. style issue, appetite issue, etc, it's really that from start to end (unlike other mags who I don't feel much the theme of the issue, if you know what I mean. Then again, it may be just me..) It's got a sneak peek of a famous photographer's Versace tribute book, a The Sartiosialist-ic street style fashion feature (featuring NY-ers), the cover model wreaking fashion havoc (e.g ripping Armani suits, cleaning shoes with an Hermes scarf, burning a fashion book with Chanel No. 5, those kind of things), a Pepper Lunch review (is it because the owner is a 'style' person? hehe), and many more. And oh, I really loved their concept in that button-down shirts feature (See photo: 3rd row, right). Nice!

Nay!
Too western-y? Maybe the next style issue would have more Filipino style in it?

I say...
The best style issue (locally) so far. I think. Plus it came with a really nice supplement with it, Rustan's Index! Really nice that I will do a separate review for it. hehe

Rustan's Index:



Yay!
Good design, great photography, and for a supplement that is free, good printing/paper. I loved the eds (see photos above)! I think it's a beefed-up version of a promotional/marketing tool (read: catalog). I really liked it and thought it was really, vreally (very+really!) nice until I noticed something...

Nay!
Super nay. First, its fonts/styles resembled a bit of W magazine/T magazine. Not too bad. The super nay here is the cover itself. I'm not sure how they came up with the look/concept but...just look at the photo below. The pose, the color, almost everything. I mean come on, right? That's why I had a feeling something is strange with the cover when I first saw it. Click the photo below to find out, just in case you cannot decode what I'm talking about:



I say...
A really good one, if not for that sad, sad cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment