Friday, September 11, 2009

Magazines / Wallpaper*’s Guest Editor Issue: Karl Lagerfeld + Philippe Starck

Wallpaper*’s Guest Editor issue is here again and it looks mighty fine. The way I see it, October is the new September for Wallpaper* with its grand, print technology-challenging covers like these. Last year’s guest editors were Zaha Hadid, Rei Kawakubo and Louis Bourgeois. This year, Wallpaper* October is guest edited by

Karl Lagerfeld:

wallpaper-cover-01

Peel the first layer and voila! Baptiste Giabiconi, Karl’s boytoy latest muse in his birthday suit.

wallpaper-cover-02

Phillipe Starck:

wallpaper-cover-03

Starck’s cover features three overlapping tracing (?) papers illustrating the idea of evolution.

wallpaper-cover-04

As some of you know, I got last year’s October issue. And obvs, I loved it. This year, I’m not 101% sure if I’ll gettit or not. You know, with all the stuff I have to buy and pay, hehehe. But we’ll see—chances are, as soon as I enter the store and see this issue live, I might go blind, hahahaha. Oh, hai! Huge hole in my pocket is that you?

__
Images via FTape
Related, MagCulture, Wallpaper*


No comments:

Post a Comment